Sometimes being gluten free isn't easy. We all have questions. This is a place to ask and answer and help each other through this gluten free battle.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Miss that Chinese take-out?

About a month ago, I made a meal that had Rob raving for weeks. I'd been looking for some high protein meals online and stumbled across this recipe for Bourbon Chicken. As I was making the menu for this week- a good money saving tip- I decided I'd make bourbon chicken again, since it was such a hit last time. All week Rob was talking about how he couldn't wait. He'd go look at the menu on the fridge- I guess to make sure it was still on there? Tonight was bourbon chicken night, but instead of just doing plain old bourbon chicken we had bourbon chicken lettuce wraps. Delish! I just made the chicken as the recipe says (plus a little onion powder and maple syrup) and put it on a romaine lettuce leaf.

We added some fried rice and roasted broccoli to the meal. It felt like we were eating some awesome Chinese take-out but it was 100% gluten free! Now I just need to figure out how to make some gluten free crab rangoon...

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny that you said crab rangoon!!! I freaking loved those. I guess it's actually pretty handy for my waist line that I can't still eat those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for sure... but they are so delicious. I don't generally crave things with gluten, but crab rangoon is my exception!

    ReplyDelete