Sometimes being gluten free isn't easy. We all have questions. This is a place to ask and answer and help each other through this gluten free battle.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Company is a-coming!

Today we have some friends from our university coming to stay with us on their way to Chicago. I'm pretty excited about this visit for many reasons. 1. I get to see people I haven't seen in a long time. 2. I will get to meet some new people. 3. It's a secret of mine that I love to entertain. 4. I get to make a delicious cheesecake (That would be Rob's favorite reason).

I follow the Kraft Foods Classic Cheesecake recipe. But I don't use graham crackers for my crust. We are on a serious budget and buying a whole box of Gfree graham crackers for this crust isn't economical enough for us. So instead, I improvise. I make a chocolate chip cookie crust. Here's my recipe. Doubled, this recipe is also the best Gfree Chocolate Chip cookie recipe I've had.

Note: I always make the cookie crust the day before so it is completely cooled. It seems to work better.

1/4 c. butter or margarine softened
1/4 + 1/8 c. sugar (I realize that's crazy a measurement, I just eyeball it)
1 egg
1 tsp. Gfree vanilla extract
1/4 c. white rice flour
1/4 c. brown rice flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 c. Gfree chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mix. Add flours, baking soda, salt. Mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour cookie mixture into Springform pan. Spread out to edges. Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked all they way through.

Follow the cheesecake recipe Add the cheesecake mixture to the springform pan. Bake as directed in cheesecake recipe. Let the cake chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours before chowing down!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment