Sometimes being gluten free isn't easy. We all have questions. This is a place to ask and answer and help each other through this gluten free battle.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A quick one...

My little brother and his girlfriend are coming today for a visit. I'm so excited! My brother has never come to visit us without my parents, so this should be fun! They'll be here soon, so I'm going to make this quick. Last night, Rob and I did something we haven't done since the Celiac diagnosis 11 months ago (Coming up on one year. I'll have to celebrate... any ideas?) QUESADILLAS!!

We LOVE Mexican food. Tacos, burritos, tostadas, tamales, chips and salsa... you name it, we love it. We got this handy dandy quesadilla maker for a wedding gift. It makes quesadillas easy squeeze-y!

I make my own taco seasoning. A friend of ours was looking at the ingredients on the kind we used to use and told us that it has the stuff they put in diapers in it- silicon dioxide. I haven't actually done any research into that, but we decided it's probably better for us to make our own anyways.

2 T. ground cumin
2 T. chili powder
1 T. paprika
1 T. onion powder
1 T. garlic powder
Pepper to taste
If you like a little more kick to it add some crushed red pepper in there too.

We did chicken quesadillas so I cooked the chicken then chopped it up in my food processor. That just made it easier to have in the quesadillas. You don't have to chop it up though.

Then, we add all the fixin's to our quesadillas. Corn, black beans, salsa, sour cream. We were out of lettuce or we would have added that too! Easy and delicious!

What are you having for dinner tonight? I'm always looking for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment