Sometimes being gluten free isn't easy. We all have questions. This is a place to ask and answer and help each other through this gluten free battle.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Welcome!

Ok, here goes. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in April of 09. Since then I have gone completely gluten free. It all started off great. I immediately felt better. I had energy I hadn't had in months. I had my "bubble" back, as I was told. But a month or so later I started feeling bad again. And now, 4 months later I am back to feeling the way I was feeling pre-diagnosis. Why? I'm still completely gluten free. I have called company after company trying to find the one thing my husband and I aren't catching, but nothing is coming up to still contain gluten. So, today marks day one of my new challenge. I will not eat one bite of food outside of my house for one month to see what happens. I will not eat at friends houses. I will not eat at restaurants. I will not even eat food that I take places to consume. I will eat every single meal in my own home. Now, if I get a job this will be difficult and the plan may need to be altered. But for now. That is the plan. I will cook. I will be a clean freak. I will not have one bit of gluten in my home. I may even go so far as to make people wipe their hands off with a Wet One at the door. Is that overboard? I just can't take the pain, mind fog, exhaustion and other issues anymore. Also, I have started a food journal. I'm writing down everything I eat and my reactions after eating in hopes of catching the culprit. Does anyone out there have any other suggestions? What do you do when you are having troubles without any clue of the source? What do you do when you have a reaction? What makes you feel better?
Sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment