Sometimes being gluten free isn't easy. We all have questions. This is a place to ask and answer and help each other through this gluten free battle.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Maybe, just maybe...

I think I finally have it down. I'm finally to the point of my gluten free experience that I'm not constantly thinking about being gluten free. I'm not constantly paranoid about touching this or breathing that. I'm not constantly in fear of accidently having some tiny morsel of gluten sneak past my guard dogs. (Speaking of guard dogs... I need one. Check this out--http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/pets/dogs/2011-01-11-pettalk11_ST_N.htm)

I'm pretty pleased with where I am. I've been GF for 9 months now. And honestly, I haven't felt better in such a long time! I feel so blessed that I got my diagnosis so quickly and got on the road to recovery so fast. Granted, I was derailed by the Claddagh Irish Pub in Plainfield, IN when they served me a dish that claimed to be gluten free. It turned out to be not even close to GF. So, we're fighting but only because I don't want other people to get sick. However, I'm thrilled with where I am.

Recently, I started taking a probiotic called Align. (http://www.aligngi.com) I'm on week two of taking the pill and it's helped my digestion SO MUCH! And I think it's helped my lactose issues get a little better... which is always good. I love cheese far too much to be lactose intolerant! If you have Celiac and are still having GI upsets look into Align. It takes a week or two for it to really get good... my sis said 3... but after a few days I was already starting to experience healing! Gotta love that!

In other news, the Packers won. My husband is a HUGE Packers fan so, since my beloved Colts are out, I've been rooting for his Pack. It takes me back to a few years ago when the Packers beat the Colts and I lost a bet. I had to dress in Packers junk for an entire day. It was terrible! Here's a pic to show you just how terrible.



I'll post later in the week with some new recipes I've discovered! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment