Sometimes being gluten free isn't easy. We all have questions. This is a place to ask and answer and help each other through this gluten free battle.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I don't miss gluten a bit-- but sometimes I crave it.

You know. As hard as the gluten free life style is sometimes, I don't miss gluten one bit. Now, I must clarify, that doesn't mean that I don't sometimes wish I could swing into a McD's and pick up a burger and fries. It does mean that it no longer consumes my thoughts. HA! Maybe that sounds pathetic, but you should try giving up your guilty pleasure. Sometimes, it sneaks back it. Also, I should clarify that I will NEVER knowingly ingest gluten to satisfy a craving. It's not worth it.

So, when that delicious looking McD's commercial pops on the television and we're left salivating, how do we handle the cravings? Well, here's what I do. I choose to focus on the positive things rather than dwelling on "if I ate that I'd be in SO much pain" all the time. Doing that will definitely get you down. First, I think about how I can totally make something that tastes even better than McD's AND (bonus!) it's healthier! Next, I think about how much money I save by saying no to all those enticing ads. (My husband loves this one in particular) Finally, I think about why I want that burger? What need will it satisfy? Hunger? Not really. Pleasure? Nope. Happiness? Hardly. Shoot, I don't even need that McD's!

Now, if only I could apply this principle to why I should use my new running shoes for more than running to the mail box...

No comments:

Post a Comment